Autorite des marches financiers
The Autorite des marches financiers is responsible for regulating the France Financial Market, acting as the recognized regulator of securities in France. In the context of the France Financial Market, the Autorite des marches financiers is an autonomous administrative body.
The Autorite des marches financiers has some aims that are geared to look after the best interests of the investors in French financial market.
They are as follows:
Safeguard Investments in Financial Instruments and in all other Savings and Investment Vehicles
Maintain Orderly Financial Markets
Provide Investors with Material Information,
The Autorite des marches financiers is always available to assist the potential investors and their savings as well.
The organization is an active promoter of investor and consumer education programs.
The Autorite des marches financiers makes the financial information available to the general public through the following means:
- Euronext Paris
- The securities market in France is known as the Euronext Paris. At the time of establishment it was known as Paris Bourse. The Euronext Paris is responsible for running the MATIF futures exchange where futures and options are traded on interest rate products and commodities.
- The Euronext Paris also governs the MONEP, where equity and index futures and options are traded. The products in these markets are transacted over the online following the Nouveau Systeme de Cotation.
French Equity Markets
- The equity markets in France are divided into the some subcategories, which perform the following activities:
- The Premier Marche – It is the official list, which includes the major French companies and international firms and is related with the issuing of bonds. It is called the Official List.
- The Second Marche – It enlists the medium companies
- The Nouveau Marche – It enlists those companies that have started recently, have been developing quickly and need money in order to accelerate their expansion
Last Updated on : 1st August 2013